Saturday, September 13, 2008

Festival 2

I joined DS and her family to go to Oktoberfest. Yea, Munich, Germany! Nope, it is in this state, 2 hours north from the hippie town. Anyhow, the town which Oktoberfest is going on is historically a town of Germans. That's why they have this German festival in the States.

Yes, we joined two festivals in different places in a row, in a day. What a busy day!

According to my meager imagination, Oktoberfest looks like a beer festival with big belly guys holding a huge beer mug in one hand and a huge sausage in the other and maybe singing songs. But, it was not the case in this Oktoberfest. It was more like a food festival. There were a variety of food stands which of course served German kind of food and snacks. I tried a sausage. Yes, it was huge and tasty.

In the kids area, there were magic shows and juggling shows in the tent. I was not interested, but I wanted to be in the shade. So, I went inside and had a seat with adult members of DS family. Her kids were playing under the sun. I found this guy, a juggling performer, is interesting. His juggling technique may not be super, but his talk was hilarious. It was fun to say ohs and ahs and laugh, avoiding the sun.