Thursday, September 25, 2008

Duck Goes Wireless!


The one thing that was annoying me here in my new apartment is that there's no wireless Internet connection. I had been kind of spoiled by wireless connection because every house I stayed this summer has wireless connection. I had believed that this apartment complex must have wireless Internet connection because it belongs to the university which provides wireless connection at least on campus. So, I was kind of astonished when I found that I need to be wired. And the bad thing is that there's no Internet outlet in my room! I mean, there are outlets in the kitchen and my roommate's room. But there's not in my room. Damn it.

So, I bought a wireless router for my convenience even though it cost me $35. Well, $35 is not expensive if you have more convenience. That's what I thought when I made a big decision to buy it. You know, I'm a poor student. $35 means a lot.

I tried to set it up last night ... and I failed. I knew it! I knew it! Every time I try to set up the wireless thing, I face trouble. So, I emailed DS. Oops, his initials are the same as DS's initials. That's confusing. DS is my friend DS's brother who is a computer expert.

Anyway, DS replied me with suggestions. I tried his suggestions this morning, but I was still not able to set up wireless connection. So, I called him, and he ended up coming over to set it up. You can tell he is a good person. I'm blessed to be surrounded by nice and good people here as I was in Japan. I appreciate my circumstances.