Saturday, September 13, 2008

Festival 1


Man, where did those happi coats come from? Mind you, it's not in Japan but in the hippie town, somewhere in the States.

My host kids paraded in the town festival this morning, donned happi. They were cute in happi.

As a friend of them, I joined the parade with their mother and other parents. It was chilly, but it was fun. Given that it is a rare opportunity to walk in the middle of the streets, not on the sidewalk, in downtown, you need to enjoy that. So, I did.

This town is small. That's what I believe. To my surprise, there were tons of audiences along the streets even though it was kind of early in the morning ... and cold. Well, basically, American people are not so sensitive to coldness. Anyhow, it was fun (and a little bit embarrassing) to walk, surrounded by cheering audiences.