Sunday, December 21, 2008

Eight Hour Drive to Alabama

I was very lucky, and I appreciate that AMB's mom found someone who drove me to Alabama today.

This someone, T, was actually driving back to Tennessee (from Louisiana). That is, it's a long drive. So, we agreed to leave Louisiana around 7 in the morning. I don't remember what time I came back last night (or this morning) to my hotel, but I was smart enough to set the alarm clock. So, I could wake up. Good. But, I was still drunk. My face was kind of red, and my breath stank. Terrible.

Anyway, we hit the road. T was a nice person who entertained me by telling me about American history, especially about the time of civil rights movement (because we were driving in the South. No wonder), and asking me a lot of questions. It was fun. Because he is a priest, he is good at talking. I wish I could talk like him because I have to teach in the spring term. Ahhhh, in the spring term, I have to have a class! That's gonna be a nightmare ... Forget it (at least for now). It's the holidays.

It took 8 hours to get to Starbuck's close to AB's house in Alabama. Yes, the United States is huge. T dropped me off at the Starbuck's, and AB picked me up there. I realized that I haven't seen her more than 8 years because her kid who I hadn't seen before is now 7. Geez, time flies. But AB hasn't changed much. That's good. And HB, her daughter, is cute ... and you may guess, she talks a lot as girls do. She's funny.