Monday, December 15, 2008

Rotary Party in Austin

BR, KR's husband, is a Rotarian. They kindly invited me to their Rotary Club's annual Christmas dinner party tonight. BR was busy to introduce me to everyone. It was fun :)

I don't know about this blues man, but they had a special guest, who is actually an honorary Rotarian like me. Well, he is much, much more prestigious because the level of achievement is different. Anyhow, Pinetop Perkins is the guy. He is cool. He is 90-something, wearing red suits and a cool red hat. He is nominated for one of Grammys this year so I may be able to see his performance on TV.

After the dinner, we joined other Rotarians for dessert. I enjoyed a piece of good chocolate raspberry whatever cheesecake. Mm, I'm stuffed.

I don't know, but I think people here are more friendly. It's probably because they treat me as a guest of BR and KR, and probably because the nature of people in the South. D, who is from Houston, told me that people in Texas are more friendly than people in Pacific Northwest. He is probably right.