Monday, December 15, 2008

Where's My Luggage?!


I don't want to take a red-eye flight again. Never again! You can't sleep. Your night is really short. Well, this is mainly because of time difference between Portland and Chicago (two hours). I left Portland 11:30 p.m. local time and arrived Chicago 5:30 a.m. local time. I wasted another two hours in Chicago to get another flight to get to Austin. And finally, I came to Austin at 11:30 a.m.! It was really, really long to get here.

Now, I needed to find my luggage which was supposed to arrive here yesterday. I went to the United baggage office. The clerk said something like, "I only saw three bags out there. If you don't see yours, you will need to find it at the baggage claim." Find my luggage at the baggage claim?! It didn't make sense to me because my luggage made it yesterday and it was not on my plane today. As I suspected, I couldn't find my luggage in the pile of luggage of my flight.

I came back to the baggage office to make a claim. Then, KR found me there. KR is AMB's aunt, who kindly offers me to stay at her place tonight to hit the road to Shreveport tomorrow. Because I called her yesterday that I missed the plane but my luggage made it, she understood my situation. She suggested to me to take a look at the US Airways' baggage office before we left the airport. I appreciate her suggestion. I found my luggage there. Good Buddha! I can put on my pajamas tonight!