Saturday, December 13, 2008

Where Should It Go?


I found a $10 bill on the street. One of big differences between the U.S. society and Japanese one is there is no koban, or police boxes, here and there. That is, even if I find money on the street, I can't take it to a police box because I don't see a police box nearby. I even don't know where the police department is in this town. Yeah, this town is peaceful.

It is freezing outside. The weather forecast says that the snow storm is approaching. My biggest concern right now is that my flight tomorrow afternoon keeps the schedule. Last year, my flight was cancelled because of a sick flight crew. I hope the weather does not distract my happy Christmas break this year.

Why did I go out under this freezing weather? Because I needed some air. I was sitting in front of the computer for the whole day, revising my paper. Revising, revising, revising ... revising drives me nuts so easily. In order to keep myself sane, I went outside. I needed to buy some coffee beans anyway. It is a short walk to get to the supermarket. I enjoyed the crispy air in that short trip. And I found the $10 at the end of the trip.