Saturday, August 8, 2009

Handmade Skin Lotion


I didn't tell you that my lotion was confiscated at the airport because the lotion was over 3 oz. Who decided the maximum amount should be 3 oz.? Geez. Anyway, I needed to buy another bottle of lotion to moisturize my skin.

I always get lost at the cosmetic section, wondering what brand I should buy. It is very tiring to read instructions, effects, ingredients, and stuff. So, I made up my mind to make lotion instead of buying mass product lotion!

I browsed several websites to figure out how to make lotion. They said it is very simple. Just mix purified water (whatever it means) and glycerin. Simply enough, I can do this.

I went to a drug store, and asked store guy what purified water is. He took me to the bottled water section, and told me those drink water is basically purified water. Wow, it is easy to find.

After coming home, I mixed 200 ml of bottled water and 2 teaspoonful of glycerin into this blue bottle. After shaking well, I applied it to my face. Yeah, it is OK. My skin retains moisture. No chemical, other than glycerin, is in there. Thus, it is natural and healthy, compared with mass product lotion. More than anything else, it is cheap. The bottle of glycerin is $5, the bottled water is $0.5, and the blue plastic bottle is $3. Nice.