Monday, August 10, 2009

Horizon Air


Horizon Air is nice.

Firstly, they changed my destination without extra charge.

I was scheduled to fly Portland, kill three hours of downtime, and fly to Oakland. As soon as I got to Portland, I asked a gate agent to put me in an earlier flight. Actually, I tried twice. By the second try, I realized that my original flight would be delayed an hour. Geez. But the gate agents told me that there was no flight to Oakland before my flight, and that flights to San Francisco were overbooked.

By the way, there's no much difference between flying to Oakland and flying to San Francisco as long as you go to downtown San Francisco. Downtown is located between those airports (see the map above).

Giving up, I took a seat at the bar to have beer. When I finished my beer and left the bar, it was almost 7:40 pm. Then, out of blue, into my beer-filled brain, an announcement came. "There are a couple of available seats in the flight to San Francisco. Those who want to fly to San Francisco, please come to the podium at Gate ..." I didn't think I could change my destination, but anyway, I went to the podium. "Excuse me, may I get a seat in the flight to San Francisco? My original flight is to Oakland, though." "Sure!" So, easily enough, I got a seat, and arrived in San Francisco one hour earlier. Good job, Horizon Air!

Secondly, they served free beer!

During the flight to San Francisco, they served complimentary beer and red wine. Viva, the local airlines and local breweries! On top of that, flight attendances were so nice that they came to me each time I finished my beer by saying, "Another refill?" Sweet.