Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Very Short Sightseeing


My conference session was 8:30-9:30 this morning. Phew, it was so early that I missed coffee and breakfast.

Presenters at my table were nice people, and I enjoyed talking with them. It is my first experience with this conference and this type of presentation, but I think it was good. It was informal, and provided opportunities to get to know people in a better way.

So, after finishing my session, I took to the streets (?!) to get some coffee. It is interesting that there is a Starbucks almost every corner in San Francisco. In other words, it is hard to find coffee shops other than Starbucks.

Fifteen minutes later, my stomach was settled down with a tall size soy latte (Starbucks, not to mention). It was little past 10:00. My flight was scheduled at 12:50. Even given the time to get to the airport, I had 30 minutes to hang around the town (only 30 minutes!).

I thought of taking a cable car to get to Fisherman's Wharf, but I thought twice, and concluded it would be impossible to get there and come back in 30 minutes. On top of that, there was a loooooooong waiting line for the cable car. Instead, I took a photo of the cable car (as a piece of evidence that I was in San Francisco), and got on BART.

Man, I just spent several hours in San Francisco. What a short trip it was!