Monday, August 31, 2009

Mrs. Worry Worry

My mom is Mrs. Worry Worry. She is worried about everything includling things that I think do not worth worrying.

She emailed me this morning (she is not good at emailing, you know, she is old anyway), by saying, "T is diagnosed as having duodenal ulcer. I'm too worried to get sleep last night."

Let me explain. T is my youngest brother. I talked with him before he talked with our mom. He told me that his regular checkup had found suspected duodenal ulcer, and that he was suggested to have a recheck. In other words, he is NOT diagnosed as having duodenal ulcer (yet). And, duodenal ulcer is a curable illness, not a fatal disease. In my opinion, finding a suspected illness in an early stage is good, and ignoring it or leaving it without noticing is bad because it would progress and get worse. My mom and I have complete opposite ways to see illness/diseases.

So, I emailed her back by saying the same as I mentioned above. And she emailed me back fast (which is rare for her) and said, "Oh, I envy you. I wish I had the nature of yours." Mom ... such a worry worry.