Thursday, August 6, 2009

Poster!


So, as scheduled, my flight arrived in Boston around 3 in the evening. My session was scheduled to start at 5. I didn't know how long it would take to get to the conference venue. So, I skipped lunch (domestic flights do not serve free meals anymore), and rushed to the venue.

I'm glad that the public transportation system is good in Boston (not like Japan though), which makes it easy to get around in town.

Fortunately, I arrived at the hotel (conference venue) around 4. I posted my poster and other stuff on the board as fast as possible, and went to the nearest shopping mall to grab some food. Yes, I was hungry.

The session was OK. In fact, I think poster sessions may be better than presentation sessions in which some audiences would get bored. In the poster session, only interested people drop by, so you enjoy more talking with those people.