Thursday, December 1, 2011

Last Class!

I'm soooooooo glad that this term is over! Well, I have the final to give next Tuesday, but it's nothing, compared with giving a lecture.

Today, I gave another midterm (I can't call this the final) in my small class. I took a stick-and-carrot tactics. My carrot was sushi (salad rolls), and my stick was of course the exam.

I love my students. They were impressed by my sushi, even though making sushi rolls is a piece of cake for me. "Did you make these?!" "Oh, I'm gonna take a photo of those," said students. They think making sushi rolls is craftwork. How lovely they are. Anyhow, they seemed to like them because only two pieces of rolls were left after the exam.

What else made me happy was that some students told me they enjoyed my class and learned a lot. Ohhhh, they just made my day. They may have just given me lip services, but it was good enough to make me happy.

This experience gave me an illusion that I may like teaching. No, no, no, no, no. I should keep in mind that this class was special. This class was small and a group of nice students. Usually and in reality, classes are groups of nasty students, ugh. Look at my other class! Some students are good, nice and polite, but some are nasty, rude and stupid. I'm not a babysitter, man. They have to know that.

Stupid kids aside, tonight, I don't want to ruin my experience. I had the best class ever in my short teaching life.