Friday, December 9, 2011

Pearl Harbor



Actually, I arrived in Hawaii on the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor (Dec. 7). Though I missed the celebration on that day, I visited Pearl Harbor. Well, it was one of my rare must-to-do things in Hawaii.

When I came to the historic site in the afternoon, tickets for USS Arizona had been already gone. A guy at the cloak told me that I should come much earlier because tickets are distributed at as early as 7 in the morning. Oh, my. So, I missed an opportunity of looking at the sunken battleship.

Arizona aside, there's a bunch of stuff to see in the site. For a Japanese, it's not necessarily a comfortable place to be. But I learned a lot the Japanese military tactics to attack Pearl Harbor.


Incidentally, the white rectangle with several windows is the facility below which Arizona is sitting in the water.