Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Again?!

Damn it! My flight was canceled again. Well, it was not cancellation, but the airlines didn't allow me to get on the plane! It's because of cancellation of the flight between Eugene to Las Vegas. When it was canceled, the airlines should have rearranged every flight after that, but they didn't. Come on, airlines, I'm a frequent flier.

At the airport, a guy at the check-in counter tried to fix my problem to put me on the plane. Yeah, he was a good guy. He couldn't do it at the counter, however, he sent me to the gate, saying he would issue a ticket at the gate. So, I joined the long line for security check and reached the gate just 10 minutes before departure. Then I found the guy at the counter wasn't there. Airline people at the gate were suspicious about me, asking why I could come to the gate without a ticket. Well, in fact, the guy at the check-in counter issued an "emergency ticket to get to the gate anyway" ticket which was collected at the security check before I reached the gate.

In a minute, the guy at the check-in counter called them to explain my situation, but the result was ... the airlines couldn't fix my problem by the time of departure. Instead, they gave me a seat of the same flight tomorrow. Damn.

I was supposed to visit HF's elementary school to talk about Japan tomorrow, but I can't. HF must have been excited to show me off to her friends. Sorry, HF:(

DM kindly came back to the airport to pick me up, and now I'm back at his place to enjoy another beer, yay!