Friday, December 21, 2007

With My Own Eyes

Oh, man, I'll never take that surgery. Never!

DF took me to her hospital and let me observe a surgery. Ho-ho, I was excited, but at the same time, kind of scared. You know, there's no operations without blood and needles. I don't like both of them. Yeah, you can call me wimp.

Anyhow, I was given an opportunity to observe a breast implant surgery. The patient is 20-something years old, and she was excited to go through the operation. After all check-ups and paperwork, she was sent to the operation theater and went to sleep under anesthesia.

And ... show time!

The doctor cut open under her breasts, and push her finger under the skin to make room for silicon bags ... that's gross. I felt like seeing a splatter movie or something.

I was standing on the platform set at the patient's feet until then. But I couldn't stand because my stomach became sooooo upset. As a nurse suggested, I gave up standing and had a seat a littler far from the patient. But I kept watching because this was a good experience to see a surgery with my own eyes.

Next, the doctor pushed a vinyl bag into each breast to inflate them to see how the shape would be. After adjusting the size, those vinyl bags were taken out, and silicon things were put in instead. It was weird to see the girls' breasts suddenly becoming big (huge! 400cc each!). It's almost like Hollywood special effects ... gross.

The unbelievable thing (for me, but maybe it's normal for nurses) is nurses were talking about food during the operation, beside the bleeding patient and the doctor pushing her finger in the breasts. Oh, I cannot be a nurse :(