Sunday, December 9, 2007

Billy the Kid


We went to "Billy the Kid" town, well, the real name is Mesilla, which is one of the oldest towns in the States. The town looks like Mexico, to be exact, my image of Mexico, with brown brick houses and shops. It's a nice little town to walk around and feel a small community atmosphere even though it is a very much tourist town.

I found a little Mexican looking post office there and thought it would be a good idea to send a postcard from there. And I bought it at a souvenir shop, wrote a message, and went to the post office to get some stamps ... and I realized it's Sunday. Yes, it was closed. Geez, I've already lost sense of day.

Anyhow, it was sunny, peaceful, slow day. Organ Mountains in the distance were so beautiful reflecting sunshine. I had a negative image of desert, but desert is not that bad, I think.