Friday, December 7, 2007

The Funny Thing is ...

My flight was canceled, because of sick fight crew. That&s ridiculous, you might think. But it is a small airport, and therefore, airlines do not keep standby crew as they do at big airports. Well, that's the way of small towns.

Anyhow, they rescheduled my flights, and I'm going to take a morning flight tomorrow. At the airlines counter, the clerk asked me if I had someone to pick me up, and I said no. Then he put me in a hotel. OK, well, staying at a hotel is much better than going home because my flight tomorrow is really early, at 5:40. It means that I have to check in as early as 4:40. I have more time to sleep if I stay somewhere closer to the airport. That was what I thought. But I was wrong. I popped in on a hotel shuttle bus and realized, when the bus stopped in front of the hotel, that I actually came back to town. I should have recognized the hotel is in town when I heard the name of the hotel, Valley River Inn. There is a shopping mall called Valley River Center, and I know that, don't I? Yes, I do. The hotel is located just in front of the shopping mall. I couldn't stop laughing.

And guess what I did. I called DG to come to see me, and we spent some good time over a couple of beer at the hotel bar. That was a nice surprise :)