Friday, February 22, 2008

B-day Wish at the Dental Clinic

I was scared of seeing a dentist here because I heard a lot about how expensive dental treatment are in the States. I don't feel comfortable at a dental clinic, in the first place, regardless of countries.

I'm lucky to have a good health insurance which covers even dental treatment. Thank Buddha. So, I asked CM if there's a good dentist around here, and she recommended to see Dr. Dexter. So, I made an appointment and went to his clinic.

My problem is not cavities, but I feel something sticky in my mouth all the time. Even I brush my teeth, it never disappears. I tried to ignore it for the last couple of months, but I couldn't stand it anymore.

At the clinic, I filled out the form before I saw the dentist because I was the first-time patient. I wrote down my personal information such as my address, phone number, birthday, and so forth. After a while, I was sent to the operatory. An assistant came, and late the dentist came. They checked the form that I filled out, and said to me, "Happy Birthday tomorrow!" Oh man, I like America. I fell in love with this dentist and assistant on the spot. Yeah, I'm a simple person.

Anyhow, the dentist didn't give me a clear explanation of what causes sticky stuff in my mouth today. Instead, he told me he would check out causes by the next session because there are many possibilities to my symptom. OK, I will come back in a week, and actually I enjoyed talking with them and felt comfortable at the clinic. So, no problemo.

When I left the operatory, the dentist said to me once more time, "Again, Happy Birthday!" Oh man, I like America.