Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's Just a Beach Ball


There was the second session with the counselor this morning. I told him a couple of things which I try not to think but come back to my mind on and off by distracting me from concentrating on things. Then, the counselor suggested me to try to think it's just a beach ball running down the river.

His theory goes, a beach ball is running down the river, it comes by you, you try to sink it because you get rid of it from your sight, but the beach ball pops up when you release it. So, he told me not to fight with the beach ball but to try to be an observer. The beach ball is not dangerous (it's just annoying), and therefore, I don't have to fight with it. Instead of fighting, observe it coming and going. Then, you will pay attention to the beach ball less and less.

Mm, that's interesting. And I thought, it is very important to have someone who gives you different perspectives to see things.