Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chinese Dinner Party

ZY invited me for dinner at her apartment. Because it is Chinese New Year today (or yesterday? never mind), she cooked mainly dumplings and other Chinese dishes to celebrate. Well, actually, her husband cooked. She has a good, supportive, sweet husband.

There were other Chinese students who I know. One of them taught me how to make dumpling wraps! He made them easily and rhythmically, but I realized when I tried to make them that seeing and doing was a different story. It's really hard to make them round and thin! After making awkward-shape dumpling wraps, I gave up, and focused on observing their cooking.

It was such a fun night, eating good food, talking and joking around. I appreciate ZY and her husband's hospitality. Now, I really want to share an apartment with someone to have some fun.