Saturday, February 2, 2008

Music

I was terribly feeling alone this afternoon, partly because I spent the whole day yesterday being with someone. I know I have to get used to this feeling, but it is not easy at all.

I thumbed through a local weekly newspaper, and found there was a show in WOW Hall tonight. The show was the one for which I wrote a review (I totally forgot about it because I wrote it long time ago), and that means I would be on the guest list. Thought it was drizzling outside, I decided to go because I thought my heart would break if I stay at home at night alone. I called WOW Hall, and asked if there's anyone who lives close to me, would go to the show tonight, and woundn't mind to pick me up on the way. Unfortunately, there was no one. OK, I bike.

Luckily, the rain was not bad. When I got there, the guy who I talked on the phone was waiting with towels ready. Such a sweet old man. I chatted with him and other staff for a while, and went downstairs to grab some drink. There, I talked with a guy who was checking IDs. And I realized that I was now a chatty person, speaking to anyone. Talking erases my grief.

It was the first time to see a show at WOW Hall. Tonight's show was sold out, but the venue was not completely packed of people (mostly teenagers and early 20s). So, I could keep my space, sitting in the back. Because the venue is not big, almost like half size of a elementary school gymnasium, I could see performers on the stage clearly even from the back. I felt comfortable, sitting and listening to music in the dark and colorful gleam.

The music of Blue Scholars was good. It's different from ordinary hip-hop. Their music is more mixed with other genres such as jazz, and has strong messages in somewhat mellow tone. I like that.

It was good to go there, though I hesitated a lot before deciding to go, because I met and talked with some new people. C who let me use the towels is such a lovely person. He shaked my hands when I left the hall, saying, "I'm glad you could come." He may not have meant anything, but what he told me warmed my heart. I'm glad to come.