Saturday, February 9, 2008

Hanging Out


I joined GL and her friend, MM, to see "I'm Not There" at Bijou this afternoon. The movie is supposed to be a biography of Bob Dylan, but it' really complicated. I was totally lost.

So, I asked GL and MM what it was all about while having dinner at Bel Ami. Oh, this restaurant is really nice and cozy, and a little bit fashionable (for this hippie town).

Anyhow, MM told that she was also lost because the structure of the movie is chronologically, geographically distractive. According to GL, the movie is based on lyrics of Bob Dylan songs, and therefore, it's not strictly a biography of Bob Dylan. That means, some parts of the movie are his illusions which don't make sense to the others. Mm, I see.

I have admired Cate Blanchett, but I thought today again she's really good. Though the story is complicated and confusing, it's worth to see the movie because of her performance.