Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Dollar Movie


It's fantastic to be able to see a mvoie for $1! It's much cheaper than renting a DVD. Thank SA, he has a car. The $1 theater is a little far, in the distance that you can't bike. So, he drove me to the $1 theater, and we saw "Charlie Wilson's War" ... at 10:10 p.m. Phew, I'm glad that I don't have class in the morning tomorrow. But in a sense, it's nice to hang out at night, especially after you grade undergrads' "uncodable" essays. You need to cut loose.

Well, as you know, I don't like Julia Roberts because she doesn't look elegant, sophisticated, gorgeous, or whatever. And Tom Hanks ... he might be a good actor, but I'm kind of tired of the "Tom Hanks." The good thing is, Philip Seymour Hoffman is in. Oh, he's good.

The story is all about that America did something terribly stupid, and you learn from the movie that America is still doing something terribly stupid.