Saturday, March 10, 2012

After How Many Years?

Last time I visited London two years ago, I failed to grab him, but this time, I was successful. Actually, he was seemingly looking forward to seeing me. Nice.

JM is my young friend from Cardiff University. He is still 29, 30 at most. Wow, he is young.

It's funny, but I thought his English is much better than before. He is a native British English speaker, but he has strong Liverpool accent that is really hard for me to understand. Or, he used to use Liverpool accent on purpose to confuse me.

Anyhoo, now he is working in London, and he is a city boy. More important, he looked grown up a lot, which unnecessarily makes me feel old. When I was hanging out with JM in Cardiff, I simply thought he was a kid. But this time, he gave me an impression that he has grown up. He even bought me a lunch!

JM said he was doing a lot of volunteer work (I didn't know that he was interested in charity work), and he wanted to work for a nonprofit organization in the future. He also wants to go and see overseas to broaden his perspective. So, I asked him where he wants to go. He said, "Well, somewhere in Europe." I said, "Come on, JM. You are an EU citizen. Europe is not overseas, dude. It's just the other side of the channel." Well, he may be still a boy.