Monday, March 19, 2012

Mixed Feelings

Mm ... I got mixed feelings tonight. I thought I've been through teaching, but teaching may not be that bad.

I gave my students the final tonight and had good interactions with some students, which I'm sure makes me miss my days of teaching. Because I was in England for a week and cancelled the very last class, I haven't seen them almost two weeks. Team L.A. (I call them so because they are from Los Angels) came to me before the exam started and said, "Never leave us again!" Ha ha, they were joking, and they have been always like that. But I felt it's nice to have this kind of interaction with students. They didn't miss my class, which means they liked to come to my class. Whether they are A students is a different story, though. Some other easy-going students gave me handshakes, and good students told me that they learned a lot in my class before they left. They made me feel really good. I may have been getting better in teaching ... But it's too late. I've got a job in the private sector, and I will leave academia for a better, stable income. I can't keep doing adjunct with meager wages. Well, I sound like trying to convince myself that I made a good decision.