Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sick

I was right. I got a cold, a terrible one. I've got headaches, running nose, coughing, and chills. What is worse, I couldn't sleep last night, though the hotel bed was comfortable.

Anyway, I finally arrived in my final destination As soon as I arrived in the airport, I went to the United counter to reclaim my luggage. United people here are OK because it's a small, community airport. Because the United person promised me that my luggage comes back to me, I went home, actually to DS's home.

MB was at home alone. Right, today's already Wednesday when he comes home from school early. I chatted with him and corrected his homework for a while. But I couldn't be sitting anymore. I excused myself to MB and went to bed to take a nap. I was so tired.

After a while, RN came home. He cheerfully came to check on me, but looking at my miserable situation, he left me alone.

I feel really bad that I had to cancel my very last class this evening. Students must be happy about this, but this would be my last opportunity to stand in front of students in my life. I'm glad that I won't teach anymore, but at the same time, it's kind of sad. Very contradictory.

After a nap, I felt better. What made me much better is that my luggage was delivered home! I didn't expect that this comes back this early because all flights from San Francisco have been cancelled today, too. Now, I wonder how my luggage could get here, mm ...