Friday, March 9, 2012

Cultural Experiences in London

I don't think myself I'm a city girl, and I don't think I want to live in a big city. But one thing that I really miss is cultural life in a big city. Big cities provide you cultural experiences, arts. It is hard to feel arts in my little town. So, why shouldn't I take advantage of being in London!

The Picasso exhibition at Tate Britain is one thing.The collection is limited to his arts related to Britain, and therefore, it didn't necessarily wow me. But still interesting. For instance, you learn how Picasso arts affected British artists. And in the first place, Picasso arts are always attractive and powerful to me.

Oh, the interesting thing is Guernica. A copy of Guernica is displayed in the exhibition. The size is the same as the original, but the impression is totally different. When I saw the original in Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, oh my, I just froze. It impressed so much. But this copy, no. Hm, an amazing difference.