Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What a Thoughtful Gift!

I've got an important mission to see MB off at the airport, not the local one but the major one, 2 hours away from here. MB is going to see his stepdad in L.A. I have gone to that airport several times, but I haven't driven there myself. I need GPS. DS has one. I asked her tonight for her GPS while DS was helping MB to pack. She  said like, "Right. Thanks for reminding me." Well, I didn't mean to remind her of anything ... I thought. Then, she disappeared for a while and came back with a little box in her hand. I simply thought that she bought a new one and said, "Wow, a brand-new one?!" She was like, "You're going to use it tomorrow to get to the airport and keep it. You will need it in Ohio." Oh, my wow! This is what I was just about to buy! I was totally impressed by her thoughtfulness and generousness. I can't think of a gift that would impress a receiver this much. She is amazing. What is more, her attitude is very natural, not like "Here's an expensive gift that you should appreciate" at all. I really, really appreciate her kindness.