Sunday, October 7, 2007

Beautiful Sunday


Oh, I love the fall here. Trees are now so pretty. Isn't this photo beautiful? Those are trees in front of the business school.

What is more, today, it was really really sunny! Why not go out and enjoy the sun?

Unfortunately, my bike-ride friend, DG, was not available this afternoon. Gee, that was too bad he had to stay at home grading when it was incredibly sunny.

Anyhow, I biked around the town for a little and went to the library. Well, the NIKE library (the NIKI founder built the library) is kind of my second house. I spend majority of my time there. I sat on a bench outside for a while, enjoying the sun, and ... got cold. Gee, I'm too sensitive to the cold. So, I went inside. My favorite NIKE library cozy sofas welcomed me as usual.

What I was surprised at is that many people were studying. Well, it might be understandable, given that it's almost time for undergrads to write the first term paper. But it's Sunday, and many people were studying. That amazed me.


This is a photo of the NIKE library of today, by the way, which is built by a tiny portion of NIKE's huge profits gained from cheap labor in sweat shops in the Global South.