Thursday, October 25, 2007

Relief

I don't like Thursdays. It's a long day when I'm mentally devastated by Prosem.

Anyhow, there was one little good thing tonight. I just want to write it down.

Feeling down after a long day, I was walking to where I parked my bike. It was kind of dark though it was still 6:40 p.m. or something. When I got to my bike, someone was unlocking his bike which was just next to my bike. Seeing him, I realized that he was a guy from the class I'm GTFing. And what is worse, he is the guy who complained my grading on his essay question (I gave him 0 point, and I believe the professor defended my grading on my behalf).

"Uh-oh, this is a really uneasy situation. He hates me. What should I do?" I thought. But it is true that he is a student who I know. So, I said, "Hi." Surprisingly, he replied, "Hi." While I was unlocking my bike, he left, saying "See ya." Wow, that's great. And I said, "Have a good weekend." And he said, "You, too." That is really great. Maybe it's too early to conclude, but he doesn't seem to hate me. Oh, what a relief after a long devastating day!

Come to think of it, he is cute. Definitely. OK, now I'm encouraged to grade their essay assignments. 45 papers to go!