Monday, October 15, 2007

Obnoxious Letter Afterward

As I wrote here a couple days ago, I received an obnoxious letter from the admissions office, saying that I will not be allow to register for next quarter becasue the office hasn't received the official transcripts from my univeristy in the U.K. Oh, I miss my days in Cardiff now.

Anyhow, I went to the admissions office in the morning to show them the transcripts which I have in my hand here. The receptionist checked my application form, which is managed online (that's cool). The database said that the office has transcripts from my university in Japan but doesn't have them from my university in the U.K. How come? I handed them in when I applied for the J school! Wait, in the first place, why the office isn't satisfied with my degrees from my univeristy in Japan?!

Getting agnry is meaningless. I'm in the States. Calm down. OK.

So, what I did next is to explain that I handed in the transcripts from Cardiff University and it was your fault if you lost them, but I had the transcripts that you needed with me. Then she called someone else, and someone else showed up in a minute to pick up the transcripts to make copies of them. And ... I'm all set. Theoretically, I can register for next term. If there's no problem to update the data online ... My fingers crossed because unpredictable things happen all the time here. Oh, well, if I'm not allowed to register, I could spend for 10 weeks doing nothing. That might be a good option. No, I don't think so.