Tuesday, October 2, 2007

There's Another Thing


I was devastated in class as usual. I go like, "Oh, how stupid I am! Anything that I read and thought I understood doesn't stick in my head?! What's the problem of my brain? Am I an Alzheimer's patient or something?! Someone, fix my brain, ahhhhh!"

Anyhow, I'm not going to tell my story of class inferno here on and on and on and on ... because it will only make me feel miserable. So, let's look at the bright side of my life.

When I came home in the afternoon, not after I made a new record in the library, carpenters were busy changing windows of every unit of my apartment complex. They started doing this yesterday and they've done half of the units.

Anyhow, because a kind of refurbishing is going on here, both the general manager and manager are here to supervise what is going on. When I came home, I came across the general manager and chatted with him for a little while. Actually, I asked him to have a piece of duct tape to fix my balance ball, which came too close to the heater and blew up last night. The general manager told me he would give it in a minute ... and he forgot. Well, he's American, you know.

Because I had a class in the evening, I left home again. And I came back home again to eat before going to the library, of course. I saw the general manager and asked him again a piece of duct tape. When we were chatting, the manager came in sight. So, the general manager asked him to get it for me on his behalf. The manager was cool as usual, emotionless in another word. But he's cool anyway.

He was busy picking his hangnail. So, I asked him to get his attention, "Well, is it easy to find the duct tape or hard to find it?" And he replied me, "It's easy," and rushed to get it. Hmm, he's cute, isn't he?

After a while, he showed up at my door with a duct tape in his hand, saying like, "We have a bunch of them if you like." Isn't he cute. Yes, he is. I explained to him what happened to my balance ball, and he said, "Oh, it blew up, huh?," and left with smile on his face. Absolutely, he's cute when he smiles. And it helped me out of the class nightmare (or evening-mare if there's such a word?)

Unfortunately, the duct tape didn't work. My balance ball is dead now.