Saturday, October 27, 2007

Football 101

Geez, why Americans get excited when it comes to (American) football?

Saturday is the day of college football. Well, I was not going to go, in fact, I was thinking of reading and doing abstracts as usual. But DG took me to his friends' house to watch the game (our Ducks vs. USC) on TV. Oh, well, my precious three hours ...

Anyhow, I saw an interesting scenery of American culture there. There were three guys and six girls in total in front of TV, and I realized that only guys reacted every single movement in the game, and girls ... were chatting of something different by ignoring noisy guys. I learned that American football is a totally man thing.

It was "football 101" for me. DG would never give up converting me into a football fan by explaining the rules. Oh, well, you will see.

The delightful thing is that DG took me there to get me involved in their circle.