Sunday, September 23, 2007

Double First Names


My debit card was mailed, and I found it carrying two first names of mine and none of my last name. On the envelope, which shows my wrong name -- two first names -- and my correct address, a BIG question mark was written. A mail person might have wondered if it was a correct recipient because my mail box shows only my last name.

That's funny that my debit card has only my first name, twice, but that's not funny if it wouldn't work at ATM marchines and shops. It's a ridiculous mistake done by the bank. And it's ridiculous to bother to go to the bank, stand in a line for a while, ask to change my name on the card and wait another few weeks to have a correct card.

Well, I should understand that everything does not necessarily work in a rational way here. You someitmes have to be patient in an irrational way.