Friday, September 7, 2007

Town Festival

For three days from today, there’s the annual town festival here. DG kindly asked me to join him, I joined him. It’s a tiny, little festival but fun with live music, a variety of food and drinks everywhere. DG ironically said it was the most crowded scene he’d ever seen here. Right, normally here is not crowded at all. Say, to express how crowded it was tonight in an easy way to understand (for only Osakans), it was like the Shinsaibashi arcade during weekdays. That means, it was not crowded at all for Tokyoites.

DG seems to like indie music, well, he’s definitely younger than me. We went to a concert which three different bands joined. We only saw two bands, and they sounded good. I’m not indie kind of person, and I prefer classical music, Spanish or reggae. Anyhow, it was a good entertainment because I don’t have any kind of entertainment here, especially at home.

Oh, yeah, I remember. I asked DG about movies, and he said there’s no cine-complex in town. So if I want to see a movie, I have to take a bust to a shopping mall somewhere far. Mm, I miss Cardiff now. There was everything in walking distance.

It’s funny DG’s pronunciation reminded me of Cardiff because his sounded like British. It may be because he’s from the East Coast.