Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Recovery from Bus-Phobia

I came to say hi to PH the secretary of School of Journalism. She was there. Oh, she is much older than I imagined, but as nice as I imagined. Actually, she helped me to have a student ID, new PAC number and campus wifi. But in order to have all of them, I walked from east to west, from south to north, in campus because they are dealt by different departments which scatter around! I can tell the campus is quite big if you are on foot.

Anyway, I have my student ID. That’s a big thing. Buses are free now, hooray! And access to the university wifi is another big thing. I have free Internet now, hooray!

Wow, the bus system here is quite convenient, and drivers are friendly. That’s good, very good. I was kind of bus-phobia in Japan because I always worry if I’m on the right bus. Normally, Japanese bus drivers don’t talk, and a sign on each bus says, “Don’t talk to the driver.” But here, you can tell drivers where you want to go and drop and ask them to let you know when the bus comes close to where you get off.

As my first experience, I got on EmX. Cool, I came to the main station in a moment without labor. And from the main station, I took another bus to my apartment. I found that there are bus stops close to my apartments, so I can take a bus near my apartment at least to the main station. Great!