Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Smile Costs $0


The manager of my apartment never smiles. Did I hurt his feeling? No, I don't think so, oh well, my English might have given him a hard time to understand. But the interesting thing is, he never smiles but he never frowns while listening to me. Actually, he understands me quite well. Then, what's wrong?

Each time I see him, I say hi to him with a big smile on the face. Yes, I'm trying to be a smiley person from nowhere, maybe from the Far East.

I put a note for a FedEx guy on my door the other day, saying "Dear FedEx, I'll be back at 11:30. Please come back after 11:30. Or the manager upstairs would save your labor." When I came home, I found something written over "the manager upstairs would save your labor" part. It said, "Sorry, I can't do that" or something like that. I thought the manager wrote it and I should appologize him for putting that note without his permission. And today, I saw him and appologized him. But he said without turning a hair, "What note?" I explained everything. He said, again without turning a hair, "That must be the general manager because I was out of town." Totally emotionless.

Oh, the expression "totally emotionless" reminds me of Romans. Right, they were seriously emotionless. Mm, the manager might be a man of Roman descent?

Anyhow, I'm disappointed that he doesn't smile (well, he may smile to other people) because he is a good-looking guy. If he smiles, he would look far more handsome. CB back in Cardiff used to be the same. He didn't smile at first, but I knew he would be much handsome if he smiles. So, I told him to smile because he was such a handsome guy, and he took up smiling. Then, I found out that I was not wrong. He became more handsome with a smile on his face. I could tell CB to smile because he is my friend but can't to the guy here because he is the manager here. How frustrating!