Saturday, September 15, 2007

View from the Hill


The sun shone brightly on us this afternoon after a while. It was cloudy and sometimes misty for the last few days. So, why not go for a bike-ride?

Though the sun was shining, just in case the temperature was low, I was armed with fleece gloves, scarf and leather jacket. Mind you, I’m extremely sensitive to the cold. I rode my bike for 10 blocks or so with the bright sunshine on the back … and I sweat. It was not only sunny but also hot! That’s what I realized.

I climbed the hill in the north, northwest to be exact, of my university to see the entire city from the hilltop. Well, yes, I pushed my bike because delicate city-riders like me intend to ride up winding bumpy roads in the first place.

The scenery from the top of the hill was pretty, especially because it came to my eyes after pushing the bike all the way sweating. The city is very green as I expected though trees have started turning yellow already.

Climbing down the hill was fun. I rode my bike, of course. Slight-built city-riders like me tend to enjoy being lazy. Riding a bike with pedaling, that’s very nice! And it was very nice and fun, almost like riding a rollercoaster! Yeehaw!